Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Teen Bop

The Lying Game is on ABC Family and it started after Pretty Little Liars ended, so it was inevitable I would watch it. I was instantly hooked. The characters are great, the actors playing them are talented and mesh. The storyline moves at a great pace, and gives you just enough to make you happy and keep you on your toes for the next one. This week however I will say the ending just pissed me off. I loved that Sutton who is pretending to be Emma is being taken to jail, and from the looks of it Alec is going to leave her there. But I didn't like the real Emma's foster brother showing up at her house. EEEEWWWWW hopefully hunk Ethan didn't get too far.
Anyways, this is super show and I hope it keeps coming back to give us more like PLL.

The Vampire Diaries is on CW and I totally read these books when I was in middle school. This show is a pure indulgence. I know everyone loves True Blood, but I could never get into it. This was always it for me. Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, and Matthew Davis, YUM. The first episode was good, picked up right where it left off. The Vamp/Wolf hookup took long enough and I can't believe his mom shot her with vervain. Anyways, definitely no disappointments here well except for Jeremy getting more screen time, so annoying. Second episode was good. This show is just moving along like there wasn't a break and I love it.

The Secret Circle is on CW and I really, really want to like this. However after two episodes, I'm having a tough time. I like the premise of the show and most of the characters are decent. The show started out very mysterious and tempting. I feel however that the character of Fay has given us too much to soon. She is clearly supposed to be the bad girl who wants to wreak havoc with her powers, but they don't build her character. Instead it's immediately shoved down our throats, and I already hate her. My second actor issue is with Cassie the main protagonist. Did she graduate from the Hayden Panettiere school of acting?!? This isn't a bad thing if your Hayden, (I've spoken to her on the phone once so I can call her Hayden :) ) I loved Heroes, and Bring it On ghetto style or whatever hers was called. But it's annoying and I am hoping as Cassie becomes more comfortable with her new life and calling she will stop playing the clueless, mouth agape, blond twit.

Glee week 2 you start off by showing the viewers what we missed from last week, funny enough I didn't feel like I missed a damn thing. I wonder if the person editing those clips together at the beginning started groaning about 1 second in. I do believe Mrs. Bess put it best in my last blog, I watch it for the free musical theater. I actually laughed out loud twice during this weeks episode. The first was Brittany describing the Unicorn's life cycle, freaking hilarious. The second was Kurt's dad describing how gay Kurt is, "...Your not like Rock Hudson gay..you sing like Diana Ross and dress like you own a chocolate factory...". I love my gays, you can't deny how hilarious this was. On the Kurt side, is it possible he is getting MORE annoying that Rachel?? I am glad that Quinn is out of her skank phase, but to trying to get custody of Beth wrong way to go with this writers. Idina should not have been brought back for this bullshit. Oh well, this week showed more promise than the premiere, but I am still not holding my breath.

XOXO
-A

***coming up next Gossip Girl, New Girl and 2 Broke Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment