Monday, September 26, 2011

The show that started it all....

I get back to work after the new fall season has begun and it's water cooler time, or really just a huddle around my cubicle. We start talking about what shows we are watching and what we thought about certain Pilots and Season Premiere's.

There are a lot of great shows coming around this season and I will certainly get to them, but there are two shows in particular that just let me down. First is the return of Glee. Now ,I will say I wasn't a huge fan to begin with, but after awhile I did start to get what the show was about. This season premiere was a disappointment. It felt more like the seventh episode in a season than the bang we usually get with a season premiere. I just hope that all the success the show hasn't caused them to rest on their laurels. Because they can lose the fans as quickly as they got them.

Alright now the real mama jama. Ringer. Don't start hating on me yet, believe me I am sure I will piss someone off. That is if anyone actually read this. I was really excited for Ringer, and the return of Sarah Michelle Gellar (SMG). I like SMG not only from Buffy, from her post work too, but mostly Buffy. I am not going to make the already exhausted comparison between Ringer and The Lying Game (ABC Family), because even though the premise is slightly similar they can't compare. Sadly though where The Lying Game is supposed to be the little sister to Ringer, it's coming out on top in my book.

The problem I have with Ringer is it's characters are not believable. It feels like your watching one of those dinner theater who done it. The cast doesn't feel comfortable with each other. I might be alone on this one point, but does SMG age? She looks like a teenager trying to play grownup, and I'm not buying it. The characters (yes plural she's playing twins) that she is playing are sooooo good, so complex and should be given a better actress. I don't understand how the CW felt that they would get the old Buffy fans to stick with this just because it's her. She doesn't kick ass, she doesn't even have a hot husband. Her lover is the only other person on the show that looks around her age. Her BFF is totally confusing, it doesn't match neither personalilty or looks to who Siobhan would hang out with.

I feel bad, because I have spoken to a few people about this show and we are all on the same page, and not even for the same reasons. So I don't think this show has much of a future. Which stinks for SMG who I think has lost her "Buffy" and for the always stunning Nestor Carbonell, and his eyelashes.

XOXO
-A

1 comment:

  1. Glee...GROAN. I feel like at this point I'm invested and can't walk away. It's pretty much like a musical that I get to go to every week FOR FREE therefore I can't say no.

    ReplyDelete